Day 1: Arrival at the Sofia Airport. The first stop of the tour is the Rila Monastery - the biggest monastery and the most popular UNESCO World Heritage site in Bulgaria. Possibility for delicious lunch in a cozy restaurant by the mountain river Rila. The second stop is the city of Bansko. This beautiful resort has will impress you with it’s own unique atmosphere – combination of old historical houses and churches of Bulgarian Revival and modern luxury hotels. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Bansko. Possibility for dinner in mehana (traditional restaurant with food of the Bansko region).
Day 2. Breakfast in the hotel in Bansko. Transfer to Plovdiv - the second largest city in Bulgaria, the 5th oldest in the world and the oldest in Europe. This amazing city merges Thracian, Roman and Bulgarian heritage. City tour of Plovdiv. Possibility of lunch in a restaurant in the old Plovdiv. Transfer to the Central Balkans. Visit of Shipka Pass, Shipka Monument and open air ethnographic museum "Etar" near the city of Gabrovo. The museum consists of 10 objects and it is one of the most riches and well kept active technical collection around the European museums on the open air. This is the reason the water wheel to be the emblem to the Etar.The most important specialty to the collection is that all objects are in action as it was it the past. The craftsman trade street offers 16 models to the Balkan architecture, showing the original talant to Revival builders. Possibility for lunch in Etara. Transfer to historical and architectural Reserve “Bozhentsi”. Bozhentsi – a pretty village in the area of Gabrovo, is one of the most beautiful architectural reserves in Bulgaria. It is located 15 kilometers east of Gabrovo and impresses with its well-preserved houses and public buildings from the time of the Bulgarian Revival.
Accommodation in a house in Bozhentsi.
Day 3. Breakfast. Transfer to the city of Veliko Tarnovo – the capital of the Second Bulgarian kingdom (12-14 century). The city is built on three hills, the tallest of which is called Tsarevets and is home to a massive historic fortress. The fortress is massive, composed of thousands of feet of stone walls, many of which are up to 12 feet thick, and covers a total area of over 50,000 square feet. City tour in Veliko Turnovo. Possibility for lunch in a restaurant in the old town. Free time. Transfer to the city of Sofia. Accommodation in 3* hotel in Sofia.
Day 4. Breakfast. City tour of Sofia. Transfer to Sofia airport.
Price per person, valid for groups of min. 14 persons:
- Double accommodation - 300 EUR
- Single accommodation – 450 EUR
The price includes:
- Transfers and transportation with modern air conditioned vehicle through the route;
- Accommodation in 3* hotels, breakfasts;
- Professional guide service during the whole tour.
The price does not include:
- Airfare and airport taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Visa procurement if needed;
- Lunches and dinners;
- Entrance fees (taxes) for museums
- Porterage in the hotels;
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities.
Points to note:
- The price is based on group size of at least 14 fully paying persons. For smaller groups the prices will be recalculated.
- The tour program can be adjusted due to the requirements and preferences of the group.
- If you receive good service it is customary to tip staff in Bulgaria in appreciation of their overall knowledge, assistance, service and friendliness, although this is no way compulsory.